DEVELOPMENT SITE R-ACTIVITY CENTRE 3
A fantastic development opportunity on Broadway with this 882sqm block. Under the new R-AC3 zoning there are many options for developing his site.
- Zoned for Mixed Use Development R-AC3
- 882sqm block
- New zoning allows building up to 6 storeys
Some of the development guidelines from the City of Nedlands are listed below but please make your own enquiries to ascertain what you could potentially build.
- To provide for a significant residential component as part of any new development.
- To facilitate well designed development of an appropriate scale which is sympathetic to the desired character of the area.
- To provide for a variety of active uses on street level which are compatible with residential and other non-active uses on upper levels.
- To allow for the development of a mix of varied but compatible land uses such as housing, offices, showrooms, amusement centres and eating establishments which do not generate nuisances detrimental to the amenity of the district or to the health, welfare and safety of its residents.
- Residential uses are not permitted on the ground floor facing primary or secondary streets, except where the use faces a right-of-way or laneway in the Mixed Use zone, or where identified in an approved local planning policy.
- Building are to have active frontage to the primary and/or secondary street, except where a use faces a right-of-way or laneway.
- Minimum tenancy depth facing a street is 10m
As advised by the City of Nedlands
- Build up to 6 storeys, maximum height 21m
- Plot ratio of 2.0 so can build 1760sqm
- Parking requirements are 1 car bay/unit, 3 visitor bays for every 10 units
- Office car bays 4.75/100sqm of office
- Retail car bays 8.3/100sqm of retail
- Only the commercial car parking is included in the plot ratio
- Setbacks nil on both side and rear, 2m from front boundary
- Council would like the first two floors to be commercial (retail/office) and the top four levels to be residential units
- Basement parking would be required (probably 2 levels)
- Table 2.1 in Volume 2 of the R Codes apply
- Due to the steep upward slope of the block to the rear substantial retaining walls would be needed
- Currently a periodic lease at $995/week. The tenants will be leaving between 21st & 23rd December 2019.
Remember to mention you found this property on DevelopmentReady.com.au