Enter to view the latest in property news, market updates & insights and our exclusive interview series.
- Just back on the market, after 2 confirmed and accepted cash unconditional offer failed to eventuate, with one still sitting on the buyer's solicitor's table for too long waiting for another director to sign, and another buyer has been shown the door after he tried to re-negotiate the mutually agreed price using the COVID as an excuse. More buyers are on their way now with the COVID near the end
- 327 ha or 808 acres of land within the emerging community zoning, on 27 lots over 30 buildings, amalgamated over the years after tens of millions of dollars invested.
- Selling in one line, individually, JV or partial trade, ideal for Health & Wellness retreat in the valley with a well established integrated resort
- Potential to acquire the neighbouring local shopping centre and service station for an estimated $2.9m, so you will control the whole Kooralbyn CBD for far better future master planning of the whole area
- Golden Triangle location between Brisbane and Gold Coast surrounded by famous mountains, lakes and 3 million south-east Qld residents on top of being a popular international tourist and golf destination.
- Potentially $500m-$2b projects depending on the master plan and funding with the current replacement value well over $200m as per the advice of the previous CBRE agent.
- 102 room main resort with the largest rammed-earth eco-construction in the southern hemisphere + 30 room Packer Lodge where Kerry Packer used to stay, with another 200-300
rooms to come + the award-winning pool complex.
- 230 seat restaurant and 240 seat convention/wedding centre.
- Very popular Pavilion tavern for both guests, golfers and locals with TAB, Keno, Foxtel now and Pokies coming soon.
- Private airport with 1.4km resurfaced runway for drag racing, skydiving, scenic flights and flying school etc with adjoining land for airpark hangar homes
- Championship golf course ranked #22 and #24 respectively in Australia with Greg Norman its previous tour pro whilst also was the home course of the world no 1 Adam Scott and Jason Day.
- 2 Championship polo/equestrian/rodeo fields where Kerry Packer used to play, plus rodeo, equestrian, racetracks with over 100 stables for holiday guests
- Championship Mountain Biking Park could potentially bid to host the Olympic Game if Brisbane won the bid or the resort would at least be the major accommodation provider for the Olympic games held at Scenic Rim as the resort is the largest accommodation provider in the whole Scenic Rim regional council
- International School building produced 2 young Australians of the year: Cathy Freeman and Scott Hocknell.
- Vineyard, Garden of Eden, animal feeding, putt-putt, lawn bowls, tennis centre, 4-wheel driving track and much more.
- Half-finished snow ski lodge to be converted to eco-lodge or other uses.
- Caravan Park/RV Park/Camping Ground/Aussie Muster Farm Showground is relocating to be within the main resort.
- Previous DA for stage 1 subdivision has been allowed to lapse, now in the planning stage for around 1000 over 50s retirement village + many others.
- Close to Australia's largest inland port - Bromelton, where potentially 35,000 jobs will be created as per the state government plan to further boost the resort business, its development profit and capital gain.
- Pre 1997 approved integrated resort guarantees re-selling to overseas buyers for all established buildings.
- Great corporate assets for potential public listing or as a rare addition to a HNWI or fund managers' portfolio, a small toy or getaway place for the right person, after all the hard work has been done.
- Incredible opportunity for business migrants or international hotel chains to further value add by utilizing their overseas network, or for the local buyer to better utilise their local connections
- Similar to the revival of the Sanctuary Cove integrated resort, the current first mortgage debt is only $2.3m which is the major difference between the current owner and the previous owners at now a far more matured market.
- Limited time COVID 19 special price, under a cash unconditional term, instead of the retail price list of $104m, because it's unlikely you will get a loan from any banks now and you should not borrow, like Harry Trigubuff, therefore completely eliminate your risk.
Comparing with the $104m 25 rooms Beach Hotel Resort, $108m 145 rooms Vibe Darling Harbour, $140m penthouse of the One Barangaroo Sydney and the very recent sale of the $130m 172 rooms Primus Hotel as well as the NRMA's $130m acquisition of Tasmania's regional portfolio following the national trend after COVID, The Kooralby Valley integrated resort with everything you are dreaming for clearly has the below 3 incredible advantages:
1. Massive income upside from multiple businesses, including the lucrative international students business, once improved the current low occupancy during the COVID
2. Great retirement development profit from 50s+ Retirement as an extra bonus
3. Huge capital gain from its massive 808 acres of landbank and its improved buildings and potential controlling of the surrounding land and commercial assets at the current low price point like the Byron Bay many years ago
Address: 1 Routley Dr Kooralbyn Qld 4285
Price: Depend on your focus, interest and budget, you now could own The Kooralbyn Valley resort by way of the below options:
$25.9m for the main resort only, on 14 acres prime Kooralbyn CBD land
$28.9m for the main resort + Packer Lodge, on 17.4 acres prime Kooralbyn CBD land
$29.9m for the main resort + Pavilion Tavern, on 43.1 acres prime Kooralbyn CBD land
$31.9m for the main resort + Packer Lodge + Pavilion Tavern, on 46.5 acres prime Kooralbyn CBD land
$56.9m for the whole portfolio in one line, on 808 acres prime Kooralbyn central land
$104m individual asset added up
The main resort alone at $25.9m includes:
* 102 fully refurbished rooms including the president suite & 4 penthouses with the largest rammed earth eco-construction in Southern Hemisphere, and the largest accommodation provider in the whole Scenic Rim regional council, on 14 acres prime land
* 220 seats restaurants & bar with one of the largest kitchen in Australia to potentially accommodate 500 rooms
* Ringtails Cafe with the best views
* 240 seat convention centre for conferences and weddings
* 2 other smaller conference rooms for more conferences or weddings
* 3 country wedding chapels
* large spa centre
* Award-winning swimming complex
* Garden of Eden
* Gaming rooms with Pokies License coming
* Championship practice green
* Existing well-established businesses for golf stay and play, leisure, retreat, weddings, conferences, events and international inbound tourists etc
* Potential to increase the room number to 300-500 in the future with limited capital investment after all the hard work has been done, especially if Brisbane won the bid to host the Olympic Game and the regional Olympic Village is established at the scenic Kooralbyn Valley
Inspection: By Appointment, the genuine buyers only with a proven track record
Contact: Peter Huang 0418 888 889, [email protected] (Agent Welcome)
Remember to mention you found this property on DevelopmentReady.com.au