A development application has been submitted for a new 81 storey residential tower known as No.1 Brisbane.
Located on the corner of George & Queen Street, the proposal represents the first Australian residential apartment building to be situated directly on a CBD shopping strip and would feature views over the Treasury Building towards the future Queen’s Wharf IRD.
Designed by Blight Rayner Architecture, the applicant behind this proposal is 151 Property Core Plus Management Limited on behalf of The Trust Company Limited who are the owners of the current commercial buildings on site at 231 George Street and 52 Queen Street.
According to the development application, the building aims to be a ‘breathable’ green ‘vertical city’ of self contained communities.
No.1 Brisbane is another tower that scrapes Brisbane’s artificial maximum height limit of 274.3m AHD. An ongoing CASA restriction due to a Brisbane Airport radar location issue means that new residential towers in Brisbane’s CBD can only be built up to this height.
The tower consists of 534 residential apartments with the following configuration:
- x120 One bedroom apartments
- x284 Two bedroom apartments
- x108 Three bedroom apartments
- x20 Four bedroom apartments
- x2 Penthouses
No.1 Brisbane’s outdoor spaces vary in scale and volume from top to bottom. They include:
- A new cross block link
- Eroded ground plan spaces for rest, shade and landscape
- A podium designed as the ‘great verandah’ with various public opportunities to occupy behind a facade system that allows indoor and outdoor spaces
- Top of podium landscaped and retail spaces
- Recreation facilities that provide sky terraces
- Balconies to apartments up to level 30 and pop out windows controlling the environmental conditions from level 35 up
Click here to find out more: LINK